[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 04:34:30 PST 2012

Hi Petr

Petr Mladek wrote
> I mean to do the official beta builds with --enable-release-build
> configure option. It will produce LibreOffice product instead of LODev
> => it will act as an official release => you will be able to test
> configuration migration exactly the same as for final build.

That is not a good idea. Public Betas are extremely visible. That would
change the established concept that only RC builds replace the previous
stable version.
In this specific case (major version change) maybe it would make sense to
create some "Private" Betas available for QA people only (available at the
dev-builds server and not mirrored) which do behave as a release build...

Petr Mladek wrote
> Note that if we do some hack to migrate configuration from official
> LibreOffice build to LODev, there will be many bugs in this hack and it
> will not test the real migration between the official release builds.

Yes. I can see you your point. It is not a priority.
Maybe leave this for a GSOC student? :)

Petr Mladek wrote
> PS: I am not sure if it would be a big problem to allow installation of
> LO-3.x and 4.x in parallel on windows. They use different
> directories, ...

See my comment above about "Private" Betas. That could be tested as well.

Cheers,
Pedro