[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice "Help->Send Feedback" & BSA

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu Oct 11 10:09:50 PDT 2012

I just noticed that when in LibreOffice, if I have a problem and want to
send feedback, I go to Help->Send Feedback, my browser opens to the BSA
page. All looks great. BUT, at this point, if I want to leave some
feedback and don't have a bugzilla account (which, in all probability
the user will not have), I am redirected to the bugzilla account
registration page. I then register and email address which sends a
confirmation email to my emailer to which I click on the link which then
opens my browser to the Freedesktop bugzilla page with a list of
approximately 50 projects to which I have to find LibreOffice. I then
click on the link and I am taken to the LibreOffice Freedesktop bugzilla
page.

These are quite a few steps for a user who wishes to leave feedback on
the suite.

Would there be a way to have instead: If I want to send feedback, I go
to Help->Send Feedback, my browser opens to the BSA page. If I don't
have a bugzilla account, a popup window opens to the Freedesktop
registration page, I enter an email address, the popup window closes. I
receive the confirmation link in my mailer where I click on the link,
create a password and log out. My BSA is still open, then I can just log in.

Ideally, it would be better if this could be all done in the BSA window,
but I realize that the Freedesktop bugzilla has its own registration
routine that we must follow.

I just find that the "Send Feedback" process could be made a little more
"user friendly" as the BSA is a wonderful tool from a user point of
view. we should try to keep the user feedback in the BSA as much as
possible.

Cheers,

Marc

--