[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice "Help->Send Feedback" & BSA

Roman Eisele qalists at eikota.de
Fri Oct 12 00:28:51 PDT 2012

Hi Marc Paré et al.,

Am 11.10.12 19:09, schrieb Marc Paré:
> These are quite a few steps for a user who wishes to leave feedback on
> the suite.

I have to agree with Marc that it is currently rather difficult for an
“ordinary” user to file his first bug.

One could answer here: Our problem is not, that we would not get enough
bug reports; at the moment, our problems are
a) that we often get bad bug reports and
b) that we can’t handle all the bug reports we get.
Therefore, one could argue we should maintain the status quo, because
the difficulty to file “your first bug report” was good to prevent more
“ordinary” users from filing more bad bug reports ;-)

However, this view seems a bit cynic to me; therefore I would agree to
Marc that it would be nice to make filing bug reports easier, even for
“ordinary” users who do not yet have a bugzilla account. I do not know
how this can be achieved (the technical side of the problem), but this
is probably not a big problem once we have got a consensus about what we
want ...

Just my 2 cents (forget them if I wrote something stupid) --

     Roman