[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice "Help->Send Feedback" & BSA

Nino Novak nn.libo at kflog.org
Fri Oct 12 01:33:28 PDT 2012

Hi Roman,

Am 12.10.2012 09:28 schrieb Roman Eisele:
> Am 11.10.12 19:09, schrieb Marc Paré:

> I have to agree with Marc that it is currently rather difficult for an
> “ordinary” user to file his first bug.
>
> One could answer here: Our problem is not, that we would not get enough bug
> reports; at the moment, our problems are
> a) that we often get bad bug reports and
> b) that we can’t handle all the bug reports we get.
> Therefore, one could argue we should maintain the status quo, because the
> difficulty to file “your first bug report” was good to prevent more “ordinary”
> users from filing more bad bug reports ;-)
>
> However, this view seems a bit cynic to me; therefore I would agree to Marc that
> it would be nice to make filing bug reports easier, even for “ordinary” users
> who do not yet have a bugzilla account. I do not know how this can be achieved
> (the technical side of the problem), but this is probably not a big problem once
> we have got a consensus about what we want ...

So, what is your proposal?

Should anonymous bug filing be enabled? (I don't think this is a good idea.)

Or should the somewhat complicated process Marc described be improved?

And how?

A possibility I spontaneously see is to split the button into two: "Send
Feedback" and "Report Bug", and to direct people e.g. to the new forum after
pressing "Send Feedback". So chance is that they are not lost completely.

But for the FDO Bugzilla registration process I do not really see how it could
be improved. If you don't have an account at FDO, you *have* to register. After
registration, you are directed to FDO Bugzilla - as the registration is unaware
that you came from BSA. The only possibility I see is to pass this proveniance
info to bugzilla registration and let it email you back a BSA link instead of an
FDO link with registration confirmation.

EasyHack?

Nino