[Libreoffice-qa] Regression test (Moztrap) test case localization temporary solution.

Yi Fan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Thu Sep 6 01:12:53 PDT 2012

Hi Sophie,

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 09:01:07AM +0200, Sophie Gautier wrote:
> Hi Yifan,
> On 04/09/2012 04:35, Yifan Jiang wrote:
> >Hi Sophie, Petr, all,
> >
> >Thanks for the discussion and sorry for the late response that I was busy of
> >other works these days :(
> no problem :)
> >
> >Visually the second one is also my most favorite, so let's start here.
> >
> >In this week, I will arrange time to update the test cases and make their
> >format consistent with the prototype 2.
> >
> >     http://vm12.documentfoundation.org/manage/case/99/

I have done this by running a simple script and the experimental, you can see
significant changes in test cases content such as:

    http://vm12.documentfoundation.org/manage/case/63/

Except for the existing English test cases, other languages are outlined. It
might be helpful for the translator people to put their works :)

> >@Sophie, As for the 3.6.3 testing, do you have an estimation when would it be
> >happening? Currently there are only English cases in the database migrated
> >from Litmus. We will still need some time to migrate other language versions
> >before arranging tests. Looking back to Litmus, there are 4 languages version
> >of test cases: en/de/fr/pt-Br, if necessary we could also create Ja section
> >awaiting for input.
>
> It will be on week 41, but it's more because I need deadlines than a
> really fixed date ;) How do you migrate the tests, would I be able
> to give an hand or is by using some scripts or some magic ? As for
> the languages, I'll ask on the list for motivated teams and will
> tell you.

The content migration from Litmus would need manual copy and paste :) Do you
have some resources to do that? Next week, I may try to ask an intern in SUSE
trying if she could offer help.

--
  Yifan Jiang
  Libreoffice / SuSE