[Libreoffice-qa] Regression test (Moztrap) test case localization temporary solution.

Yi Fan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Thu Sep 6 01:50:38 PDT 2012

Hi Sophie and all,

Sorry I did not mention that to translate a case, we need to update the
version *0* of each test case so that we could reuse the translated case in
future test case versions which usually will be copied from the version *0*. I
will update the wiki page to notify that later.

Before the wiki page updated, here is an example how to do it:

1. Get the test manager authentication from community

2. Find a test case via Manage->Cases, for example:

    http://vm12.documentfoundation.org/manage/case/63/

3. Click the pencil icon which located as the first icon in the ''Name[Tags]''
column.

4. In the page, make sure the version of the case is switched to *0* by:

    - Around the top right corner of the page, hover the mouse on the version
    "selection list box" right below the "Select environment"

    - Click the version initiated with 0, in this case, it should be
    "0 creating a table in database and increment records"

5. Add the translated case in the appropriate "instruction" and "expected"
rows, following the format already given like:

    >> instruction
    In Some Language
    =====
    * instruction 1
    * instruction 2
    * instruction 3
    >> expected
    In Some Language
    =====
    1. expected ...
    2. expected ...
    3. expected ...

6. Click "save test case" button to save the translation work.

Please noted the saved content will not apply to existed other versions until
a new version which copies the test cases from version 0 is created.

Best wishes,
Yifan

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 02:12:53AM -0600, Yi Fan Jiang wrote:
> Hi Sophie,
>
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 09:01:07AM +0200, Sophie Gautier wrote:
> > Hi Yifan,
> > On 04/09/2012 04:35, Yifan Jiang wrote:
> > >Hi Sophie, Petr, all,
> > >
> > >Thanks for the discussion and sorry for the late response that I was busy of
> > >other works these days :(
> > no problem :)
> > >
> > >Visually the second one is also my most favorite, so let's start here.
> > >
> > >In this week, I will arrange time to update the test cases and make their
> > >format consistent with the prototype 2.
> > >
> > >     http://vm12.documentfoundation.org/manage/case/99/
> >
> I have done this by running a simple script and the experimental, you can see
> significant changes in test cases content such as:
>
>     http://vm12.documentfoundation.org/manage/case/63/
>
> Except for the existing English test cases, other languages are outlined. It
> might be helpful for the translator people to put their works :)
>
> > >@Sophie, As for the 3.6.3 testing, do you have an estimation when would it be
> > >happening? Currently there are only English cases in the database migrated
> > >from Litmus. We will still need some time to migrate other language versions
> > >before arranging tests. Looking back to Litmus, there are 4 languages version
> > >of test cases: en/de/fr/pt-Br, if necessary we could also create Ja section
> > >awaiting for input.
> >
> > It will be on week 41, but it's more because I need deadlines than a
> > really fixed date ;) How do you migrate the tests, would I be able
> > to give an hand or is by using some scripts or some magic ? As for
> > the languages, I'll ask on the list for motivated teams and will
> > tell you.
>
> The content migration from Litmus would need manual copy and paste :) Do you
> have some resources to do that? Next week, I may try to ask an intern in SUSE
> trying if she could offer help.

  Yifan Jiang
  Libreoffice / SuSE
  Contact: yifan - irc.freenode.net/libreoffice
  http://www.libreoffice.org/
  http://www.documentfoundation.org/