[Libreoffice-qa] Test file for Conditional Formatting.

Yi Fan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Mon Sep 10 19:33:37 PDT 2012

Hi Miguel,

It looks great! I think it is valuable to take the test case to our regression test base Moztrap,
so we will at least have the conditional format checked in each major release testing.

  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Moztrap

To help other people how to test the document, do you have some testing steps describing
exactly what to do step by step (instructions), and what are the expected result of
each step (verify points)?

Here is a sample how would a test case in Moztrap looks like:

-------------------------------------------><-----------------------------------------------------------
Test that conditional format

[Optional] put some detailed description here.

When in English
=========
* instruction 1 (vp.1)
* instruction 2
* instruction 3 (vp.2)
Then in English
=========
1. verify point 1
2. verify point 2
-------------------------------------------><-----------------------------------------------------------

Please notice with one test sample,  you could write down different test cases for different testing purpose.
For example, one test case for basic function of Conditional formatting, another test case specifically
designed for backward compatibility testing...

To populate the test case, you could simply send a mail here (I would help to add them to Moztrap)
or register to Moztrap to do it yourself (with permission assigned). Please do not hesitate to let
me know if you have problems to do it :)

Best wishes,
Yifan

>>> mariosv <mariosv at miguelangel.mobi> 09/11/12 6:00 AM >>>
Hi,

relating with the new design of conditional formatting, in my opinion it is
necessary to check the proper functioning of it, especially to avoid
compatibility problems with versions of LibreOffice not including the new
design (up to 3.5)

After a short exchange of views with Marcus, I have made a first test file,
made ​​in 3.5.5.3, contains the different types of conditional formatting in
classic design, to check if opened successfully in the new versions, and if
saved correctly to open with previous versions.

Licensed under MPL/LGPLv3 +, as required in the wiki.

I have begun a new test for the new design, but I have found several issues
what I have reported, which seems to me, make difficult by now obtain a
practical test.

Regards.
Miguel Ángel.
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4006658/LibreO_qaTest_ConditionalFormatting_3-5-5-3_en.ods
LibreO_qaTest_ConditionalFormatting_3-5-5-3_en.ods