[Libreoffice-qa] Esc Call Notes

Mas tier3support at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 03:13:59 PDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> These are just a few of the things that pertained to QA
>
>    1. Calc (3.6) crashing
>       1.  bugs discussed, we need to go through the Unconfirmed and
>       verify. The NEW ones are being looked at by the developers
>    2. HardHacks
>       1. Previous email sent out, we need to finalize the process
>       2. Developers have gone through the hard hacks, a continuous list
>       is preferred (max of 5-7 bugs at a time, refilling these as they are taken
>       care of is best
>       3. See previous email for suggestions
>    3. Triaging
>       1. Begged for more help for back log ;), some interested but
>       suggestion of bug hunting session. Time difference could be an issue, can
>       someone else in Europe try to arrange this? If it's over the weekend I may
>       be able to join, otherwise very hard
>       2. There are 30ish students from Hungary (I believe?) doing
>       development, asked for more EasyHacks to work on, I suggested that maybe
>       they could help triage and maybe find their own EasyHacks (not sure what
>       the result of this was)
>    4. EasyHacks
>       1. Like above, need more EasyHacks marked, people are available to
>       deal with them but there aren't enough out there
>       2. My comment: I'm seeing things marked as EasyHack without the
>       entire list of things that we usually should put for easy hack
>       (particularly bt if possible, and some direction as to where to look in the
>       code)
>    5. MAB
>       1. There really shouldn't be any put to 3.7 from what I understood
>    6. Resolved Status
>       1. Only mark as Resolved if it's resolved in latest stable, not if
>       it only works in latest master (a comment can be put in if it's working on
>       latest master)
>       2. WORKSFORME unless you know for sure the bug was assigned and
>       dealt with by a developer, in which case ask them to mark as RESOLVED -
>       FIXED or mark it yourself (again only if you're sure that it wasn't just
>       coincidentally fixed, or just works for you and you're not sure if the
>       particular bug was dealt with)
>    7. Issues regarding rudeness on FDO
>       1. Michael dealt with the one case, banning a user is probably more
>       problematic than it's worth.
>       2. Creating a wiki page (Joel) to kind of address this, something
>       along the lines of "What is not useful in reporting a bug"
>
> I think that was about it, if I missed something, my apologies.
>

> Best Regards,
> Joel

I have a question about the old Bug ticket dating back to 2011. How long
should we keep a ticket open if we are requesting additional information on
the ticket. is it safe to resolved them to resolved>invalid ?

Masekela Walls
Web Security Analyst | Senior Server Administrator
Powserve.com / Gemini ISP Networks