[Libreoffice-qa] Consistent Time for Meetings

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 16:42:29 PDT 2013

Hi All,

So we need to set an official, every two week (or maybe 3?) time for our
meetings. Mostly this has been at 1300 GMT/UTC (before 1400 GMT/UTC) on
every other Friday. This time is *slightly* inconvenient for me (quite
early) but if it's the easiest on everyone else I say we set it in
stone, we either meet that day or we cancel the meeting (no more moving
it around, I think it gives a bad message, leads to discouragement for
members that were planning on joining but then time is moved, plus just
is unprofessional in general). Robinson made a great point that this
*does not* exclude "special meetings", it just means we'll have "regular
scheduled meetings" which can be canceled if needed. The main agenda
should be taken care of on regularly scheduled meetings, special
meetings should be for an individual item that needs additional discussion.

So again, I'm happy to stick with 1300 UTC/GMT if it's best for
everyone, if others are open to alternative times here is what I prefer.

M/T/W/F - 1400 UTC/GMT (one hour later than currently set)
M-F - 1900 - 2000 (start time between this period)

Remember on the half hour is fine also in that range.

I really am hoping to get a time that we can all "usually" make. If this
means Friday at 1300, so be it, we'll set the time and be done with it.
Please respond in the next day or two so that we can get this officially
announced, and set the next agenda time.

Thanks all, sorry again that I missed todays meeting.

Best,
Joel