[Libreoffice-qa] ownCloud for Bugzilla - IMHO a no go

bjoern bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Dec 3 10:16:42 PST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 05:48:54PM +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Idly wondering - are we fixing the right problem? How often does the
> case arise, what's the size distribution of those huge files, and is
> it really necessary to store those eternally?

So _if_ this happens once in eternity, the wiki should be fine. If this happens
regularly we should look into it more deeply.

I honestly rather assume the first to be the case, given that there are 6000
files on the wiki and skimming the biggest files(*) shows some (maybe 10?)
testcases uploaded there, but most of the big files are actually other stuff
(e.g. talkyoo mp3). Also, there are only about 250 files bigger than the
current bugzilla limit (3MB) at all.

OTOH Flo noted that we could use more breathing space the with the SQL server
ressources.

But yeah, looking at the files suggests the "big file uploads" are very
exceptional and rare and should have little impact on wiki operation. So if we
are running into ressource trouble there, its not because of or related to the
bug attachments, but because of 'general wiki usage'. So unless we want to kill
the wiki (I assume not), its just the price we gotta pay, I guess.

Best,

Bjoern

(*) https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=Special:ListFiles&sort=img_size&limit=100&asc=&desc=1&ilsearch=&user=