[Libreoffice-qa] Squashtest

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 02:25:57 PST 2013

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Sophie <gautier.sophie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As I'm really not happy that Moztrap doesn't handle localization, I'm
> still searching for a replacement in the future. I've been pointed to
> Squash, the site is here:
> http://www.squashtest.org/index.php/en/squash-tm-25664/squash-tm-overview
> where at least the UI is fully localizable. It handles manual test and
> even automated tests and run on different versions and projects.
> License is LGPLv3 after a version is one year old and it's written in Java.
> I'll approach the company developing it to see how it could handles test
> localization and will keep you informed. You can run an online demo if
> you wish and don't hesitate to give me your feedback.

Looks interesting -- I'm not that involved with manual tests right
now, so I defer to your technical wisdom here.

As you mentioned, the company is using a "delayed-open-source-release" model:
http://www.squashtest.org/index.php/en/squash-tm-25664/sources-licence-squashtm

What this might mean is that we can't (easily) upstream any
changes/improvements to the software. I don't know how much we've
customized MozTrap thusfar, but as long as we keep the source of our
webapps in git (as well as any modifications thereof), I guess we can
re-apply our changes on top of new versions without too much hassle.
We could ask Cloph/Floeff their thoughts on the topic.

Cheers,
--R