[Libreoffice-qa] Bug in Fax-Wizard of LibO 4.1.4 and 4.2.-beta (was: Re: Issue with Fax-Wizard in current Build)

Andreas Mantke maand at gmx.de
Wed Dec 4 13:45:15 PST 2013

Hello,

Am 03.12.2013 23:13, schrieb Andreas Mantke:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to create a new fax with the wizard. I choose a business fax in
> classic style from private. Before I did that I added my personal data
> including email address and private phone number to the tools-options
> menu. The fax was created but there were only my address in the header
> and the placeholder on the left side. The fields on the right side were
> blank (no personal data, e.g. no phone number, email address).
>
> I tested this with my own build from the current source (Version:
> 4.3.0.0.alpha0+ Build ID: b40dcdf4f5a03b71fe9e45f8f24fcaf25fd2febf)
I tested the wizard with LibreOffice 4.1.4-1 (from our repo) and
4.2.0-beta on my openSuSE 12.3-x64 and I got the same experience:

My name is missing in the header of the fax. The header contains only:
street with number, city, zip-code.
Besides the missing name the city and zip-code are in the wrong order
(<zip-code> <city> without comma is the correct order).

Then the fields on the right side of the body are empty (there are only
the title of the fields: 'Fax:', 'Tel.:', 'E-Mail:'). There is no
information about the from above this fields.

The language setting of the created fax document is English (USA) and
should be German.

Once I called the wizard I got a preview of the fax with my name in the
header and on the right side of the body.

The fax wizard is nearly useless in this shape and we should fix this.

I recommend that we run tests on all the wizards in Writer and fix
located bugs (not only in 4.2 but also in 4.1.x).

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Developer LibreOffice