[Libreoffice-qa] LO's spellchecker shows grammar errors/hints in English, though UI is in German?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 15:00:19 PST 2013

Hi Thomas

Thomas Hackert wrote
> do you really not see this yellow backgrounded message below "Text
> language"? Would you be so kind to download the test document from
> MozTrap
> (http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/media/attachments/2013/01/15/language-test-en.odt)
> then, and test it again, please? If I use the German UI, I
> see a couple of blue underlines in the document, and if I start the
> spellchecker and it reaches the first one ["SUSE, ..."] it will say
> "Extra space before the period?" in this yellowish "bar" ... ;)

Yes, I finally arrived to that sentence. I didn't get the yellow bar before
because it only shows up on Grammar suggestions.

You are correct that it was not related to Language Tool (it only showed up
earlier with Language Tool on Beta2)

I can confirm that the messages are in the wrong language under Windows as
well. But it is not the default UI language: it is the language that it is
used for spell checking. I tested with the French version of the document
you linked and instead of getting the messages in Portuguese (as expected
since I was using the Portuguese UI), I got the messages in French :)

<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4087306/spelling_msg.png>

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers,
Pedro