[Libreoffice-qa] Testing: Exporting multiple spreadsheet sheets -> CSV on the command line

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 07:20:28 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robinson
>

> Robinson Tryon wrote
>> Sure. Another way to use the tool is to just pass-in the filename and
>> a format code, to get out numbered sheets:
>>
>> $ /path/to/libreoffice/program/python libreconverter.py
>> many-sheets.xls output-%d.csv
>
> I didn't notice that part. Sorry ;)

No, it's actually very helpful feedback. I just threw the
documentation up there quickly, so it's good to know that I should
probably flesh-out the docs to make these features more prominent.

> Does it also process a folder with several xls files (or mixed xls, xlsx,
> ods, etc)?

I'll have to look deeper into the code, but I think it would need a
little more expansion to cover that case. I was surprised that unoconv
didn't have this functionality, so if I do invest a little more dev
time, I might just see about adding that functionality to unoconv, as
it seems like a much more polished tool.

Any downsides to that? Any reason to avoid unoconv?

> Your answer seemed a bit harsh, my comments were not meant as a criticism
> but as suggestions from someone who uses that operation quite often...

Oh, sorry -- not intended as a slight. I was just very sleep-deprived
and trying to be clear about what the tool could and couldn't do.

Best,
--R