[Libreoffice-qa] Git error with bibisect40

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 14:02:12 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Terrence Enger <tenger at iseries-guru.com> wrote:
> Several times along the way, I have resorted to the extreme measure of
> deleting the directory with the bibisect repository and extracting it
> again from the tarfile.  That is perhaps the ultimate repair.

Yes, that is the most drastic approach :-) In most cases we hopefully
can avoid needing to take that step!

Many of the bibisect woes that we've encountered in the past have been
tracked back to interactions with other running instances of soffice
(often touching the same user profile). Things I would try include
- Shutting down all versions of Libre/Open Office
- Checking again ("ps aux|grep "office")
- Restarting the computer

To avoid these types of interactions in the future, I suggest using a
wrapper script (not checked-in, but located in the same directory as
the bibisect repo). Here's one I cooked up based on Miroslaw's
suggestions (I'm in the process of getting it added to the buildbot
repo):
http://testing.eagleeyet.net/~qubit/bibisect/run-libreoffice.sh

Cheers,
--R