[Libreoffice-qa] Tinderboxes: Holiday Wishlist

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Thu Dec 12 02:51:34 PST 2013

Robinson Tryon wrote:
> > 3) Consistent filenames across TB (hint to Thorsten ;) ) Not needed if one
> > build per OS is enough (see point 1)
> >

> Given that we have a community of tinderboxes, I don't see a reason
> against standardized names. If someone doesn't want to follow the
> particular naming convention, it's fine for them to run an unlisted
> tinderbox...

Sure. The only problem with tb at 42 is that I run builbot/tb, and have
not yet managed to free the cycles to hunt down where that install set
name comes from. Any input appreciated. ;)

> > 4)  Text file with details associated with each installer (since the
> > executables have NO reference to the TB that produced them). Again, not
> > needed if one build per OS is enough (see point 1)
>
> So shove info in regarding who built what and when?
> Bjoern -- That should be relatively easy, right?  (also: what do you
> think of the idea? :-)

Makes sense, again needs someone to implement it for buildbot/tb.

> > Sidenote: I would say that having a 4.2 daily build is currently more
> > important than a Master build (since 4.3 is only planned for code freeze in
> > May...)
>
> Well, we do need master builds for general QA testing, as well as for
> the bibisect repos, so I think that Master builds are often the most
> useful to us in the long term. That being said, I would definitely
> like daily builds for our stable branches; I believe that it's doable
> for us to have both.

And easily so. That's why I opted for Norbert's buildbot/tb, you can
have it build any number of branches and configurations in a
round-robin fashion.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten