[Libreoffice-qa] Major Release Checklist

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 07:56:19 PST 2013

Le 20/12/2013 15:52, Joel Madero a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> As discussed on QA call, I've made a preliminary checklist of things
> that QA can consistently do during our major release cycle. It needs to
> be expanded on but it's a start. It includes bug hunting session and
> testing.
>
> Feel free to comment, criticize, change, etc . . . As always this isn't
> a "must do" just trying to offer a prioritized checklist that can offer
> some guidance during our release cycle.

Would it be possible to change the bug hunting session from RC1 to RC2?
because l10n is not finished for RC1 and only fully integrated for RC2,
so that let more chance for a better QA of version+langpack.

> Also we need to establish a list of major components that we should test
> every release. Starting with:
>
> Installing
> Running each component
> Every dialog for every component (perhaps we can setup an auto test for
> this, every dialog opens, makes sure it opens quickly without a crash?)
> Typing
> Printing

That's the topic of the manual tests in Moztrap, each component is
launched in their different ways, creation, saving and export to pdf
for each module. Plus some known regressions like copy of chart or back
search.

> Currently I'm not sure if a lot of QA actually installed pre-releases
> (we either just run a daily, master build, or a stable). Might be good
> for more of us to install the pre-releases when they are actually
> released to make sure there are no nightmares waiting under the bed.

Something we should ask also on the NL projects, I think they are
testing but not sure we really know about it.

Kind regards
Sophie