[Libreoffice-qa] Major Release Checklist

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Sat Dec 21 12:42:54 PST 2013

Joel Madero wrote (21-12-13 02:12)

> And of course what I meant was minor release :-/ I always get those
> confused but now I know, major.minor.micro
>
> That being said - for major (which only happens what...once every 2
> years? I guess we can move bug hunting session as late as RC3, for minor
> releases, I suppose RC1 will have to do and locales will just be out of
> luck (which is unfortunate). That being said - maybe we can have a
> "locale bug hunting session" immediately upon release that lasts 7 days,
> any bugs found can be fixed in the first micro release.
>
> Thoughts?

There is no or little difference between what we call major and minor.
So I suggest to treat them the same.

Then as for when to have a bug hunt session, I think the goal is to get
_many_ people test early. Therefore I would suggest to do it _early_
with beta1 or beta2.
The l10n teams can ask people in their community to test the RC1 or RC2
on l10n issues, so that those can be fixed in RC3.

??

Cheers,

--
 - Cor Nouws