[Libreoffice-qa] Stagnant NEEDINFO bugs

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Feb 5 04:03:51 PST 2013

Rainer Bielefeld píše v Po 04. 02. 2013 v 19:23 +0100:
> Hi all,
>
> I had the plan to write down some thoughts concerning your plans to do
> an other mass close, but I wasn't  in the mood to do that. Due to my
> experience with bug wrangling in general and similar actions we did in
> LibO Bugzilla, for my personal work I only expect (smaller)
> complications, and  I am very very doubtful that we will get any benefit
> at all of such an action. So I don not want to waste my spare time for
> an action what seems to be completely useless ore even damaging to me.
> You already did lots of discussion concerning details of proceeding, but
> I can't see any reasoning for what a mass close might be useful.

We did similar mass close in the past. I think that you did some
statistics later. Do you remember how many of the closed bugs were
reopened? And how many of these bugs were later fixed?

> I will not invest any time for this action until I hear at least 1
> passably conclusive argument concerning fair and checkable benefit the
> project and / or my (or other power bugwranglers') work will receive by
> such a mass close.

IMHO, the reason is to get rid of dead bugs. I mean bugs that can't be
solved without the extra information. Most of these bugs would stay like
this forever. They even cause some waste of time when people read them
again and again during the bug triage process but nobody is able to move
them forward.

Best Regards,
Petr