[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-users] Re: MySQL-Connector

Dan Lewis elderdanlewis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 18:12:04 PST 2013

On 02/22/2013 08:24 AM, Alex Thurgood wrote:
> Le 22/02/2013 14:02, Dan Lewis a écrit :
>
> Hi Dan,
>
>>       Some very good news!!! ... and some questions.
>>       Last evening, I deleted the libo folder and basically began again
>> using git. I let "make" run overnight. This morning, I accidentally ran
>> "make install" getting an error message of not being able to create a
>> folder in /usr/... . So, I used "sudo make install" instead. The build
>> was installed in /usr/lib/... . So, being curious, I tried "sudo make
>

> Hmm, you should've probably done a "make dev-install" instead of "make
> install", as now, you've got a link to your dev build in your
> /usr/lib/, i.e. it will have overwritten any default LO installation
> that you already had, I think. The advantage of "make dev-install" is
> that it keeps everything in your LO development directory.
>

>> install" instead. The build was installed within the solver folder as it
>> should be. I made ooenv executable and ran it. Since then I have run
>> soffice and looked at Help > About LibreOffice. I now have my own alpha
>> build number!
>>       One further test: I ran Base in my new LO-DEV opening MySQL.odb
>> which connects to my MySQL server. (This is a copy of the file I use to
>> connect to MySQL. So, if it becomes corrupted, I still have the original
>> database file.) I successfully connected to the MySQL server.
>>       Again because I was curious, I looked at the libreoffice
>> configuration folder, specifically the extension folder. It contained
>> buildid file which contained a number. I checked this number against the
>> build number of my new Alpha version. They matched.
>>      It appears that I have created an alpha version of the MySQL native
>> connector. So where is this connector in the extension folder? What is
>> the next step to convert it into the .oxt final version?
>
> The connector itself isn't alpha anything, as the actual connector
> libary code doesn't change version much, and was only bumped to 1.0.2
> last year with a change in the requirement for the version of
> libmysqlclient.
>
> As for its whereabouts, you should be able to find it here :
>
> /core/workdir/unxlngx6.pro/ExtensionTarget/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt
>
> and
>
> /core/solver/unxlngx6.pro/bin/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt
>
> and
>
> /core/mysqlc/unxlngx6.pro/bin/mysql-connector-ooo.oxt
>

> In my builds, it has a size of about 2Mb. This is because the
> connector links to libmysqlclient and libmysqlcppconn, whereas on the
> Mac, it is packaged altogether with these libraries (or at least it
> should be) leading to an OXT file that weighs in at about 4Mb.
>
> Alex

      What I have done:
Created a folder for the files for the LO build: LO-Build.
Added the AOO mysql-native-connector 1.0.1 to LO 4.0.0.3, and closed LO.
Installed libmysqlclient18 and libmysqlcppconn5
Used git to download the master build.
Ran autogen.sh --with-ext-mysql-connector --with-system-mysq
Ran make dev-install
Made ooenv executable and ran it.
Ran soffice in the program folder of my new alpha build.
      But when I searched for mysql-connector on the command line (I ran
sudo updatedb first). I found a folder named
lu17qwu9.tmp_/mysql-connector-ooo-1.0.1-linux-intel.oxt. This is located at
/home/dan/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/. I
had earlier also installed the same mysql-native-connector on LO
3.6.5.2. If it matters, doing this search I found a similar folder in
/home/dan/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/:
luxhljqk.tmp_/mysql-connector-ooo-1.0.1-linux-intel.oxt/.
      So, the question is this: Where is the mysql-connector that was
suppose to be built with LO?

--Dan