[Libreoffice-qa] Stagnant NEEDINFO bugs

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Jan 29 03:15:45 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-29 at 07:09 +0100, Florian Reisinger wrote:
> Am 28.01.2013 14:13, schrieb Petr Mladek:

> > > Strike 2 After 7 Days:
> > > Query for all Bugs for what mails have been sent in Strike 1:
> > > - Changed since mail (probably by reporter): QA will take care
> > > - NOT changed: Mass close via Bugzilla with polite message
> > >    "Sorry ..., but feel free to reopen if ..."
> > >
> > > What do think?
> > I like this solution. It is polite and creates only one change in
> > bugzilla.
> [...]

> Okay do you mean the button "Send mail to bug Assignees"?
> In my query some of the following would get mail: Me, A. Timar,
> Joel... so QA staff + dev
> So, what should we do? I was able to display the e-mail of the
> reporter, but you won't get me to send 200 mails....
> A button "Send mail to the reporter and everyone who is interested in
> this bug" would be nice ;) [Sorry for sarcasm]

Good point! This actually shows how annoying are the mass changes in
bugzilla when it is done for hundreds of bugs.

I think that we must do at least one change in bugzilla (close the bug).
What about doing only this action? Do we really need warnings before
closing?

As Rainer writes in the other mail. The user usually provide the answer
within 3 working days or newer.

What is wrong when we close the bug with a polite message, explaining
why we are not able to solve the bugs, and encouraging the user to
provide the information and reopen the bug?

I know this is what we did in the first mass close and some bug triagers
complained. But I think that it was not well explained on the mailing
list before the change was done.

Anyone from the complainers should read this thread, complain now and
suggest better solution :-)

Best Regards,
Petr