[Libreoffice-qa] Stagnant NEEDINFO bugs

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Jan 29 06:46:35 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-29 at 13:20 +0100, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Pedro schrieb:
>
> > I think that is extremely rude.  It reminds me of my Graduation diploma
> > which was not ready for 3 years and then I received a postcard saying I had
> > 10 days to pick it up...
>
> Hi,
>
> no, we will not leave open a pending action item for 1 month. During
> that time several of the related bugs might have changed status because
> other have started work on it ,... .
>
> 1 Weekbetween annoncement and final action is ok, and we will explain
> the re asons why we closed the bug in that "First mail without Bugzilla
> noise"  (I will create a suggestion basing on the available suggestions,
> soon) so that nobody can fell frustrated.

Well, I am still not persuaded that we want 2 or more strike solution.
Even when you send mails outside bugzilla, it will create noise :-)

As Florian pointed out, we do not know who is supposed to provide the
information. In some cases, it is not the reporter but another person
that is in CC.

Best Regards,
Petr