[Libreoffice-qa] Reported issues show the tendency to be more user questions ? BSA related ?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 07:35:18 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 3:36 AM, Cor Nouws <oolst at nouenoff.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last weeks/months I am responding to more and more issues that IMNSHO should
> be handled as user questions *first*.

Could you provide links to some of the bugs that you think should be
handled as user questions first?

> Did I ever say that IMO reporting bugs is to easy? Yes I did. More then
> once.

I'm still hearing from users who say that bug reporting is too
difficult. The step of registration alone is enough to have some
people shy away from the process, especially if the bug is only a
minor inconvenience. But perhaps we are getting spam in Bugzilla.

> Is this just me??
> Is the process from our French friends - where reports from BSA go trough an
> email process before being added to BugZilla (that's what I understood from
> it anyway) - a way to prevent that?

Filtering a bugtracker manually through an email list sounds like a
lot of work to me. As the QA Team is currently so small, my
understanding is that we want to optimize our time by working directly
in Bugzilla.

Cheers,
--R