[Libreoffice-qa] Should we use the "QA Contact" field?

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 09:03:55 PST 2013

> I would not enforce this but I would make it optional. By other words, I
> would take inspiration from the developers side where the "random" names
> in assigned fields just created false feeling that the developer was
> going to work on the bug soon.
>
> I would do it the following way:
>
> 1. If a triager is heavily interested into particular bug, have it under
>    control, wants to provide more information when needed, it would be
>    great to put the name into the "QA Contact".

My only concern is that if we have a QA Contact name there - we can be
relatively sure that the bug was prioritized which, as we move forward,
we're trying to clean up priorities so that we can move away from all these
random lists that we have. Without that info, we'd need to consider an
alternative to that issue (maybe whiteboard status "Prioritized")

Best,
Joel

--
*Joel Madero*