[Libreoffice-qa] Fwd: Fwd: Bug sur Nouveau dans le BSA français!

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 14:32:42 PDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Rainer Bielefeld
<LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de> wrote:

> I know, it's something completely new, but may be a better solution might be
> a checkbox:
> a) if reporter checks
>    "I report in my mother tongue and need translation help"
> b) BSA
> b1) creates a bug with only 1 text line: "A bugreport by mail has
>     been sent to <qa at fr.libreoffice.org>, list members will provide
>     detailed information soon (and attach attachment)"
> b2) sends all info reporter contributed by mail to
>     <qa at fr.libreoffice.org> (as already is done in the mails
>    "Bug sur Nouveau dans le BSA français!" I got during my tests)

Rainer - I'm a little confused by the process you describe, but I
think I understand the gist of it. I really like the idea of having
the original bug submitter being listed as the bug reporter on FDO, as
they are the person in the best position to determine if the bug they
reported has been fixed. That being said, if the original submitter
doesn't speak or read a word of English, we may need to correspond via
a NL translator again when the bug is fixed  :-)

Another benefit of having the BSA stub-in a bug immediately is that it
lets us know that we're waiting on a translation from a particular
list. The open bug makes it a lot harder for us to "lose" bug reports
in the mail, as we can go through every week or so and ping the NL
lists about any outstanding, untranslated bug reports.

Rob -- are you the point person for implementing the localized BSAs?

I'd really like to see some docs up on the wiki, linked from the BSA
and QA pages, perhaps something like
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Localized_BSAs. There are a number
of questions in my mind about how the whole process will work, who
will be responsible for making sure that bugs are translated promptly
and correctly, how additional correspondence will be handled, etc. A
specification or workflow description could help to answer those
questions.

Thanks,
--Robinson 'qubit' Tryon