[Libreoffice-qa] Explanations on the NL BSA purpose

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 12:26:31 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 5:16 AM, Sophie Gautier
<gautier.sophie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So I'll try first to explain my idea clearly on the workflow we have
> thought about:

thanks! :-)

> - a user fills information on the BSA in French
> - no issue is created
> - the content of the submission is sent to the QA FR list
> --> at this stage only the FR team is concerned
> - the QA FR team checks for the content and tests it
> - if this is a bug the FR QA team will check on Bugzilla if the bug
> already exists and if yes will comment it, else will create the bug
> --> here the normal process of dealing with Bugzilla applies.

Okay, so the bug is only created after the NL team processes the text.
The NL team also does some work to avoid duplication in Bugzilla (that
sounds very helpful!)

> The FR project has an active QA Team, able to test and specify bugs but
> not all of them are able to report in English. The actual test will help
> us to narrow the needs for both teams and if it's proven to work, let
> other well formed NL QA teams participate.

The first question in my mind is: How do we make ensure that NL
reports from the BSA get dealt with in a prompt manner?

With the current BSA, there's no human interaction required before the
bug data hits FDO. It sounds like the FR-localized team is pretty
active, and has its own QA team, so we should hopefully see a fast
turnaround, but I wonder what might happen with the NL teams for other
languages.

What do you think about putting someone in charge of each NL BSA? That
person could serve as the point contact, and would be asked to
check-in with the QA team every week or two (at the QA meeting would
be great, but probably not necessary). The NL-BSA contact would let us
know how the interface is working, if there have been any
issues with the process, if the NL list has gotten behind in dealing
with bug reports, etc...

> I would like that we test this process, narrow it and add what will be
> missing (like the stats you make on BSA reports), and then see if it's a
> real help for you.

+1

Cheers,
--R