[Libreoffice-qa] Moztrap: Test case export?

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Fri Mar 29 00:31:03 PDT 2013

Hi Nino,

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:43:23PM +0100, Nino Novak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there an test case export feature from Moztrap?

Not directly from UI at the moment :) But we've got RESTful API work.

This will save all version 0 cases to your local file:

    $ curl -o lomt_cases_v0 http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/api/v1/caseversion/?format=json&productversion__version=0

JSON is the only format available.

See more about the api filters:

    https://moztrap.readthedocs.org/en/1.3.7/userguide/api/library.html#case

Well, the data fulfilled with one-line is not that
readable. underscore-cli, a NodeJS based tool is pretty good to do
further rendering of the data.

    https://github.com/ddopson/underscore-cli

Besides I think there are many other json data manipulating toys :)

It is worthy of mentioning json can not be directly imported to
Moztrap from front UI. Theoretically it can be imported on a tool on
server backend, but I have never tried it...

> In what kind of database are the cases stored?

MySQL is what we are using.

> I'm asking because I somehow feel the necessity to organize the cases
> according to my own preferences. Therefore I thought it would be fine to
> export them and experiment locally.

You could locally store your cases freely by following the
'Gherkin-esque' format each case:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Moztrap/Moztrap_User_Guide#Add_bulk_test_cases

Then it is allowed to be imported together.

However I highly recommended to edit the test case in the front web UI
one by one, in which you always know where you are. Without careful
debugging, Bulk test case adding is, to some extent, risky that
imported test case can be unreadable if the format is not precisely
matched.

> With Moztrap filters it does not seem possible to get fine grained views as
> unfortunately I was not able to tell the filter to use AND as operand for
> the same criterion type (i.e. "tag"). It always seemed to use OR. So tags
> do not provide enough "selection power" for now.

Yes, we will get used to it or otherwise hack it :)

Best wishes,
Yifan

--
  Yifan Jiang