[Libreoffice-qa] Feedback page

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 01:51:23 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 3:52 AM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Still, if there is a requirement for registration the wall is still there...

There is a barrier, yes, but I think most people in the project are
happy to have that requirement.

> I would be interested in seeing statistics of number of people who click on
> the buttons and actual registration and bug report...

Sure -- maybe we can do something smart with Piwik or whatever website
stats tools we use..

> Again I suggest that providing a valid email should be enough to contact
> back if needed.

Sure. It would be nice if a user could sign-up for an account and
submit a bug report all at the same time (we'd could just flag the bug
report until the sign-up was completed)

> Excellent question!
> If it's a "fire and forget" thing as bfoman said
> (http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Libreoffice-qa-Where-should-users-report-bugs-tp4081505p4081544.html)
> then it could be more damaging than good for the relationship with the
> community/users...

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about it. I'd be
fine if it was just a simple web form that would allow the user to
submit feedback.

> Otherwise, someone will have to actually read it :)
> Personally I think it's good to have such a tool (in the Mozilla version
> there is an optional field for email contact) but does LO/TDF have the
> manpower?

I wonder how much traffic this form will create. Sure, we'll get some
SPAM, but how much total traffic do you think we'll get? I think it
would be very manageable.

--R