[Libreoffice-qa] Where should users report bugs?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 08:08:48 PST 2013

Hi Thomas

Thomas Hackert wrote
>> But providing a valid email should be enough for all
>> that. It should not be required to create an account.
>
> But how will you know, if it is a valid mail address? It could be an
> one-way mail address or some fake address ... :( Remember all the
> HowTos and documentation, which uses "example.com" address as an
> example ... ;)

Emails can be validated (in the same way your email client immediately
informs you that an address is not valid: it checks with the target mail
server)
In any case if the user bothers to create an email account just to post a
bug report, then he *really* wants to report the bug but he doesn't to be
contacted!
My experience is that I don't mind being contacted back if I report a bug
but I won't register into yet another site just to report a bug (unless I
start to use the bugged program regularly)

I believe that it is important to get some feedback (even if it's hate
feedback) from people who have a bad experience and are giving up on LO
because of some initial obstacle... Maybe the obstacle is can be removed for
others after them...

Thomas Hackert wrote
> Why do you think, it is for geeks? I mean, I am also not that geek,
> when it comes to choosing the right component and the like, but I
> prefer it over BSA ... ;)

I'm sorry to tell you this: you collaborate in the QA of an Open Source
project and therefore you are in the geek category :)

Best regards,
Pedro