[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice Bugzilla (migration) Proposal

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sat Nov 9 00:35:01 PST 2013

Good morning Robinson, *,
On Samstag, 9. November 2013 07:28 Robinson Tryon wrote:
> As mentioned at the QA Meeting, I've provided a first draft of the
> proposal to migrate from FDO to our own install of Bugzilla:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/LibreOffice_Bugzilla_Proposal

wow, I am impressed. Thank you for your detailed summary :)

> For those interested, please read over the proposal and provide
> comments and feedback. Feel free to insert your (signed) comments
> and new information directly into the proposal page or reply to
> this email. I'll read over all of the comments, consolidate all of
> the information together, and present our "second draft" to the
> list.

Though you have given us a detailed proposal, I have still a couple
of questions, sorry ... :(

1. What will happen with the existing bugs? Will they stay in their
current status (like "OPEN", "NEW" and the like)? Or will that be
changed for some reason?
2. Will the change to our bugzilla instance mean, that all
reporters, CC'ed persons, etc. will get a mail á la "Your bug was
moved to bugs.libreoffice.org" (or something like that)? Or would it
be possible to mail all registered users beforehand (for LO bugs
that is ... ;) )? I mean, we have old bugs there, where its reporter
may have forgotten about it in the meantime.
3. You seem to have forgotten to mention, that we have to search the
source code / OLH from LO itself and replace all occurences there as
well. Or am I just too blind ;? A short
<quote>
grep "bugs.freedesktop" -R libreoffice |wc -l
</quote>
on the source code found 30 hits, and I am not sure, if bfo is
mentioned in the OLH as well ... :( I only found one in the
Germanophone help in Pootle that far, but that does not mean
anything ... ;)

But it will still be a lot of work to change all wiki pages
(especially the ones related to bug hunting, reporting and the
like), the qa.libreoffice site, etc. to change them to the new
address, changing usefull search strings for blo and the like ... :(
And changing other documentations, finding other sites, which refer
to fdo ... :(
Thank you for your summary and have a nice day
Thomas.

--
Record additional transactions on back of previous stub.