[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice Bugzilla (migration) Proposal

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 09:51:49 PST 2013

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Thomas Hackert <thackert at nexgo.de> wrote:
>> In the current proposal there are a couple of different "notify
>> everyone" steps. In either one of them (probably the one ahead of
>> time) we could notify all of our bug reporters of the upcoming
>> migration.
>
> I would prefer to get only one mail from bugzilla and not dozens of
> it ... ;)

Weird... you mean you don't like getting a dozen notifications about
your bug being put into NEEDINFO state? :-)

> Thank you very much :) Another one would be the translations
> repository. A grep for "bugs.freedesktop" reveals 38230 occurences
> of it there ... :(

That seems....larger that expected :-)

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=translations.git;a=blob;f=source/en-GB/accessibility/source/helper.po;h=74f45e914f7c00e850d2320994ed06c1a4c33650;hb=HEAD

Ah, okay, now I see -- it appears that there are a million (*waves
hands dramatically*) .po files in that repository, and every one of
them has a link to FDO. Updating those should be possible with a
search-and-replace.

>> In the weeks leading up to the planned migration, we can start to
>> expand the documentation in the wiki (and elsewhere) to mention
>> both the current system and the future system. That way when the
>> migration day comes we won't be composing new documentation on the
>> spot, but can simply remove the old text and any references to
>> "future migration" and have a quick change-over.
>
> I hope so ... ;)

For example, I wonder if we could set up a temporary redirect soon so
that we could have the urls in, say, the Translations repository point
to bugs.libreoffice.org, and just redirect them over to FDO. This
would allow us to gradually migrate our urls to the new home while
keeping all of our services up and running.

--R