[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice Bugzilla (migration) Proposal

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sat Nov 9 10:11:31 PST 2013

Hi Robinson, *,
On Samstag, 9. November 2013 18:51 Robinson Tryon wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Thomas Hackert
> <thackert at nexgo.de> wrote:
>>> In the current proposal there are a couple of different "notify
>>> everyone" steps. In either one of them (probably the one ahead
>>> of time) we could notify all of our bug reporters of the
>>> upcoming migration.
>>
>> I would prefer to get only one mail from bugzilla and not dozens
>> of it ... ;)
>
> Weird... you mean you don't like getting a dozen notifications
> about your bug being put into NEEDINFO state? :-)

I would bet, that I get more than a dozen ... ;)

>> Thank you very much :) Another one would be the translations
>> repository. A grep for "bugs.freedesktop" reveals 38230
>> occurences of it there ... :(
>
> That seems....larger that expected :-)

Unfortunately, yes ... :(

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=translations.git;a=blob;f=source/en-GB/accessibility/source/helper.po;h=74f45e914f7c00e850d2320994ed06c1a4c33650;hb=HEAD

> Ah, okay, now I see -- it appears that there are a million (*waves
> hands dramatically*) .po files in that repository, and every one
> of them has a link to FDO. Updating those should be possible with
> a search-and-replace.

... and with a notification to all translators, that it changed in
Pootle afterwards ... ;) Would it be needed to change the string in
older versions of LO as well then?

>>> In the weeks leading up to the planned migration, we can start
>>> to expand the documentation in the wiki (and elsewhere) to
>>> mention both the current system and the future system. That way
>>> when the migration day comes we won't be composing new
>>> documentation on the spot, but can simply remove the old text
>>> and any references to "future migration" and have a quick
>>> change-over.
>>
>> I hope so ... ;)
>
> For example, I wonder if we could set up a temporary redirect soon
> so that we could have the urls in, say, the Translations
> repository point to bugs.libreoffice.org, and just redirect them
> over to FDO. This would allow us to gradually migrate our urls to
> the new home while keeping all of our services up and running.

Hm. Maybe it would be possible with some kind of sed/awk magic
and/or some kind of script to change it on the fly. Or maybe with
some perl regexes or the like ... Do we have someone here, who could
tell us, if this would be possible? /me cannot do it, sorry ... :(
Thomas.

--
Used with permission.