[Libreoffice-qa] Moztrap: some feedback please :)

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 00:58:39 PST 2013

Hi Thomas,
Le 19/11/2013 19:00, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
> Hello Sophie, *,
> On Dienstag, 19. November 2013 16:34 Sophie wrote:
>> So I managed to have the test run for beta2 playing on Moztrap :)
>
> great, thank you very much :)

Thanks for your feedback

>> Can one of you have a look and give me some feedback on what tests
>> could be missing, what need more regressions tests, etc.?
>> You need to register to run the tests. You can play with it as you
>> want, I'll delete the current run to have a clean run for beta2,
>> so don't hesitate to visit what you want.
>
> I have reached Test Case #11 (there is a link to http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/manage/caseversion/772/), where I found the
> following:
> <quote>
>
> Environment Settings
>
> Download the test document from attachment: language-
> test-{language}.odt
> </quote>
> . But on that test there are only test documents attached for En and
> FR so far ... :( Do you plan to add test documents for other
> languages as well?

not for beta2 because localization won't be ready for it, so we will
only test in English, but I'll remove the FR doc so there is no confusion.

> And in the test description there is
> <quote>
> Linux
>
>     For spell check, install a myspell-{language} package
>     For grammar check, install a libreoffice-languagetool-{language}
> package
>     For example:
>         English language: myspell-british, myspell-american,
> libreoffice-language-en
>         French language: myspell-french, libreoffice-language-fr
>         German language: myspell-german, libreoffice-language-de
> </quote>
> . If I see this correctly, LO is using hunspell nowadays (look at
> "Tools – Options – Language Settings – Writing Aids". Below
> "Available language modules" is the entry "Hunspell SpellChecker",
> and if I am not completely wrong here, that means, LO is using its
> internal Hunspell SpellChecker ... ;) ). And LanguageTool is either
> an Extension for LO or a different package (see
> www.languagetool.org) ... ;) The only grammar checker in LO is the
> Lightproof grammar checker, but alas only for the English language
> ... :(

Some languages have grammar checker, but I'll clarify that for beta2, we
will only test the en_US version. I'll check for the other languages
when localization will be ready to be tested, may be RC1 or RC2.

> And does this "libreoffice-language-$TLD mean, someone should
> install the adequate langpack? Would it not be better to write
> something like
> <quote>
> Linux
>
>     spell-checker: You need to install the langpack for your
> language for LibreOffice to test the spellchecker.
>     grammar check: You can install the LanguageTool extension from
> www.languagetool.org, if you want to use a grammar checker for your
> language.
>     For example:
>         English language: LibreOffice langpack-en_US or en_GB
>         French language: LibreOffice langpack-fr_FR
>         German language: LibreOffice langpack-de_DE
> </quote>
> or the like?

Here also I'll remove language information because they are not
relevant, thanks for pointing it. I will need to investigate what is
really used by the native-language communities for spell checker and
grammar checker because I think they use different sources, not often
build-in.

> And there is a missing "s" in "mispelt" btw. ... ;) And some strange
> sounding sentences, and "libreoffice" instead of LibreOffice and
> .... (I think, I should better stop, before someone kills me ... ;)
> ). Maybe I find some time tomorrow to try to rewrite a couple of the
> test cases (though I would prefer, if an native speaker would do
> this).

I'll have a look, I've corrected/updated all the tests offline, it seems
I missed to copy and past some of them, sorry. And I still struggle with
some Moztrap features, but I learn each day...

> Sorry for the inconvenience and HTH

On the contrary, thanks a lot for your feedback :)

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier <sophie.gautier at documentfoundation.org>