[Libreoffice-qa] Existing German translation in Moztrap

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Wed Nov 20 01:11:05 PST 2013

Hello Yifan, *,
On Mittwoch, 20. November 2013 09:27 Yifan Jiang wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 07:47:34AM +0100, Thomas Hackert wrote:
>> >     1. the UI level
>> >
>> >     The content is relatively "static" in moztrap *code*,
>> >     usually *translated* word by word.
>>
>> What does "code" in this context mean? I need to use a
>> programming language like C++, JS, or something else?
>
> It means strings in Moztrap native code, mostly they are Python,
> JS, html ... stuff in Django framework.

O.K.

>> >     Yes, with Django framework, it is not that complicated to
>> >     leverage pootle approach to translate the UI of Moztrap,
>> >     where UI indicates any text else except test cases content
>> >     in Moztrap.
>>
>> And that would mean, I need an account to look at TDF's
>> implementation of Django?
>
> I am not sure if I got it, but you can just see my git repo
> directly.

To see it is not the problem, but to correct spelling errors or to
translate the strings ... :(

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=en&tl=de&u=http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/results/runs/

>> Ah, O.K. Now I know, why some of the test cases sound strange ...
>> ;)
>
> As stated, this is supposed to only use for UI level, instead of
> the test cases translation, which still need human works. The test
> cases may be translated by the automation translator currently
> just because we did not implement the "test case level"
> localiztion yet.

O.K.

<snip>
[Test case translation via Pootle?]
>> >     In another word, yes, technically it can be more
>> >     complicated
>> >     :)
>>
>> Well ... ;)
>
> Yes, I understand, it is good to have feature, the only limitation
> is time and effort.

And in my case: Not to be a programmer ... :(

> As I have not officially been working as
> full-time libreoffice qa for some months, many other works just
> block actions from mine:( That's why we are currently have such a
> workaround for translation, I hope it won't bring too much pain.

O.K.

Thank you for your answer
Thomas.

--
NP: Bring Me The Horizon – Empire (Let Them Sing)