[Libreoffice-qa] Moztrap: some feedback please :)

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 01:42:21 PST 2013

Hi Thomas,
Le 20/11/2013 10:20, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
> Hello Sophie, *,

[...]

>> I'll have a look, I've corrected/updated all the tests offline, it
>> seems I missed to copy and past some of them, sorry. And I still
>> struggle with some Moztrap features, but I learn each day...
>
> How do you work on the tests offline? Have you installed
> Django/MozTrap on your machine? Or have you downloaded all the test
> cases and use translate-toolkit to work on it?

I downloaded each test case and work them with Gedit, same for those I
created for new features in 4.2. When Flo and Yi Fan installed the new
instance of Moztrap last week, I uploaded the new tests and copy/past my
correction/update to the previous one.
Yi Fan prepared the tests to contain translations (what you've worked on
and you both have done a great work here) but I was not happy with the
display of the tests. I think that if we want to attract more people,
the tests should be easy to read and execute and the translations in
them cluttered them, you have to scroll down the page to see the
translation in your language and all the steps were in the same frame.
So for the moment, that's not ideal because only English readers will be
able to run them, we will miss a large part of testers and quality
checks for localization, but at least, the environment is adapted. I
hope that we will find a developer able to code a way to handle
localized test cases.
I've also another solution in mind that I need to test to see if it
works: that would be to create a Run by language (e.g LibreOffice 4.2.0
RC1 DE), but I need to see how we can manage and update translations and
make sure they reflect the EN master.

Cheers
Sophie