[Libreoffice-qa] Moztrap: some feedback please :)

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Wed Nov 20 03:17:58 PST 2013

Hello Sophie, *,
On Mittwoch, 20. November 2013 10:42 Sophie wrote:
> Le 20/11/2013 10:20, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
>>> I'll have a look, I've corrected/updated all the tests offline,
>>> it seems I missed to copy and past some of them, sorry. And I
>>> still struggle with some Moztrap features, but I learn each
>>> day...
>>
>> How do you work on the tests offline? Have you installed
>> Django/MozTrap on your machine? Or have you downloaded all the
>> test cases and use translate-toolkit to work on it?
>
> I downloaded each test case and work them with Gedit, same for
> those I created for new features in 4.2.

ah, O.K.

> When Flo and Yi Fan
> installed the new instance of Moztrap last week, I uploaded the
> new tests and copy/past my correction/update to the previous one.
> Yi Fan prepared the tests to contain translations (what you've
> worked on and you both have done a great work here) but I was not

Thank you very much :)

> happy with the display of the tests. I think that if we want to
> attract more people, the tests should be easy to read and execute

+1

> and the translations in them cluttered them, you have to scroll
> down the page to see the translation in your language and all the
> steps were in the same frame. So for the moment, that's not ideal
> because only English readers will be able to run them, we will
> miss a large part of testers and quality checks for localization,
> but at least, the environment is adapted. I hope that we will find
> a developer able to code a way to handle localized test cases.

Me too. I wish, there would be a possibility to log in, choose a
test, and then MozTrap itself but also the tests are in the tester's
language ... ;)

> I've also another solution in mind that I need to test to see if
> it works: that would be to create a Run by language (e.g
> LibreOffice 4.2.0 RC1 DE), but I need to see how we can manage and
> update translations and make sure they reflect the EN master.

I have only done a short glance at MozTrap and its documentation,
but the only possibility I see so far, is to create a new
environment. But then ... We have the possibility to choose a
language, architecture and the like, but still we are not able to
use the tests in our own language ... :(
Greetings
Thomas.

--
Despising machines to a man,