[Libreoffice-qa] New "Live Data Streams" OLH links to empty wiki help page

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sat Nov 30 06:58:54 PST 2013

Hello Sophie, *,
On Samstag, 30. November 2013 11:40 Sophie wrote:
> Le 29/11/2013 19:37, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
>> On Freitag, 29. November 2013 18:57 Sophie wrote:
>>> Le 29/11/2013 17:25, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
["Live Data Streams" help button opens empty wiki page]

>>> This is the usual page when there is no help page on the wiki.
>>
>> yes, but ... I have installed the Germanophone version of LO with
>> the lang- as well as helppack. Why does LO opens a wiki page,
>> when I have installed the imbedded help? And especially in
>> konqueror?
>
> I don't know, may be it's a bug. I'll test once my l10n work is a
> bit more advanced

That would be nice :) I have asked it already here on this list a
couple of days ago, but did not get any answer ... :(

>>> Which is normal as the version has not been released yet :) Did
>>> you check for your help files on Pootle, may be the help is
>>> there?
>>
>> I was translating the UI first, as there were more segments and
>> also I find it easier to translate the OLH files, when I have
>> already translated the UI ... ;) But a short search for "Live
>> Data Streams" (without the quotes) leads to no hit in Pootle ...
>> :(
>
> You're right to begin by UI, it's what I've been told when I begin
> l10n some years ago :)

:)

> May be there is a help button with no help
> file appended to it... this has to be checked too.

O.K.

>>> What I would like for us (l10n team) is at least an issue
>>> describing briefly what is intended with the feature, and that
>>> for each new feature, to help us figure out the best translation
>>> at the first shot.
>>
>> I fully agree with you :) It would really ease the translation
>> ... ;)
>
> I hope some developers are already reading us ;) But I'll send a
> mail to the dev list about that next week.

I think, this could be a good idea. But I am not sure, if it is easy
to implement ... :(
Thank you for your answer
Thomas.

--
Machines certainly can solve problems, store information, correlate,
and play games -- but not with pleasure.