[Libreoffice-qa] New "Live Data Streams" OLH links to empty wiki help page

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sat Nov 30 08:45:51 PST 2013

Hi Andras, *,

http://help.libreoffice.org/sdatabase/modules/scalc/ui/datastreams/url.

> LibreOffice could not resolve the help URL in local help, so it
> tried online.

O.K. But I would expect, that LO will report an error, if it does
not find the help page in the installed OLH, instead of trying to
open it in a browser ... :(

> Of course, it did not find anything, because this
> help page simply does not exits. The sad fact is, that developers
> usually do not write help pages for new feautures. There are a few
> exceptions of course, I don't want to ignore anybody's work.

But how should we translators know, how we should translate it? It
would be nice, if there would be small help page with a short
example ... ;)

> Live Data Streams can be used to load real time data from the
> internet to Calc, for example stock prices, and you can create
> live charts, or make calculations based on the live data.

That is, what I supposed from its name ... ;) But as I have never
needed (and therefor used) it, I would not know, how I should
translate it ... :(

Could you also have a look at
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/msg07000.html,
please? There is another segment, which sounds strange to me and
which I do not know, how I should translate it ... :(
TIA
Thomas.

--
Smile! You're on Candid Camera.