[Libreoffice-qa] Unconfirmed jump - sorry!

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Tue Nov 4 08:13:41 PST 2014

Joel Madero wrote on 04-11-14 17:06:

> On 11/04/2014 07:58 AM, Cor Nouws wrote:
>> Joel Madero wrote on 04-11-14 16:34:
>>> @ Cor - if you'd like you can take a look yourself and move them to NEW
>> Thanks for explaining Joel.
>> By how did they end in the wrong REOPENED state in the first place?
>
> I have been looking at the history to see if the bug was ever marked as
> NEW - I touched about 55 bugs yesterday and some moved directly to NEW.
> As to how they got to REOPENED status - who knows, sometimes a user
> incorrectly set it after a bug was set to NEEDINFO, sometimes a QA
> member incorrectly set it, etc . . . it's hard to say that there is
> consistency.

Trying to get consistency is good. But I'm quite confident that it's
hard too with may different /new volunteers.
And people - like me - not looking too much at documentation, for some
reason..

> So I suppose I'll apologize if I move any of yours to UNCONFIRMED -
> there are only 27 more that you are cc'ed on and I'll try to be "extra
> careful" with these - but currently the REOPENED status are completely
> ignored by QA because they are not consistent. "Management" of these
> bugs (ie. moving them correctly to the right status, or at least an
> effort to do so) is better than continuing to ignore them.

Hè hè ;)
As written, I'll try half an hour this evening to look at some of the
27. Thanks for your work and patience here.

Cor

--
Cor Nouws
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org