[Libreoffice-qa] QA Meeting Minutes - 2014-11-05

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:31:06 PST 2014

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 10:48 AM, bfoman <bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Robinson Tryon wrote
>> Full meeting minutes and agenda:
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Meetings/2014/November_05
>> http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2014/libreoffice-qa.2014-11-05-18.44.html
>

>> 19:24:14
>> <colonelqubit>
>>  Right now we have some old bugzilla data we're using for testing purposes
>
> Hi!
> Few questions:
> 1. Are the passwords invalidated? I couldn't check it personally - the last
> bug is from March, I changed my password later, so couldn't log in to this
> instance - had to request a password reset and got it delivered without
> issues (?!). I hope your answer is yes.

Hiya,
Yes, passwords should be invalidated. Good to hear that the password
reset worked for you without problems.

> 2. Is bugmail enabled in this instance?
> I haven't used it much because I don't want to generate any bugmail (see
> question 2).

Bugmail is currently enabled for regular user accounts.

I've disabled bugmail for the default assignee
(libreoffice-bugs at lists.FDO), and I've added a warning message asking
people to try to avoid heavily-spamming people who aren't involved in
the migration process.

> In general seems it works fine. Speed is OK for 1000 bugs.

Excellent :-)

> Few things:
> - New Chart includes series for products in original database - seems
> everything but LibreOffice could be deleted some day

Ayup, we can remove extraneous information there.

> - TimeTracking is enabled, so probably params differs from freedesktop
> instance

Yes; we can decide whether or not that's a useful component.

> - Old Chart doesn't work - seems the data dir is not copied or permissions
> are wrong

I'll confirm that piece with Tollef.

> - Keywords list could be cleaned some day - some are not used in LibreOffice
> project

Yep. We'll start with as minor a change-over as possible, to make
things simpler, but will cleanup keywords shortly thereafter.

> - freedesktop UI changes are not applied

I've stubbed-in some basic 'This is a Test Instance!' warning
information, but I expect that Design may have some ideas about how we
can create a unique, beautiful, and functional theme for our Bugzilla.

> Best regards.
> P.S.
> Is it possible to put the source code in GitHub (even as read only)? It is
> far more popular to get interesting pull request. Also Bugzilla code is
> there already.

We'll have some pieces of the Bugzilla code stored in git, but I'll
need to do some further review to make sure that I include all of the
right pieces in the .gitignore file. The git repo will probably live
on our gerrit install, but people are free to have other copies synced
elsewhere (e.g. to github).

Best,
--R

--