[Libreoffice-qa] QA Meeting Minutes - 2014-11-05

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 09:05:42 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 8:23 AM, bfoman <bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Robinson Tryon wrote
>> Yes, passwords should be invalidated.
>
> Could you please confirm it? I couldn't check it by myself.

The database dump I received has the passwords cleared.

> Robinson Tryon wrote
>> Bugmail is currently enabled for regular user accounts.
>> I've added a warning message asking
>> people to try to avoid heavily-spamming people who aren't involved in
>> the migration process.
>
> I don't think it is good idea to send real messages. Redirecting bugmail to
> file is a better idea.

The goal of this test install is for us to verify that it can operate
in the same fashion as Bugzilla running on FDO. Because email is used
so heavily in the bug tracker, I think it would be a huge burden to
try to test if we shunted the bugmail to a file. Do you have any
suggestions about how we could make testing easier in that scenario?

One option could be to just disabled bugmail for everyone, and then
testers would have to turn it back on (Of course, each big automated
change we perform in the DB takes us further away from the environment
running on FDO right now)

> Robinson Tryon wrote
>>> In general seems it works fine. Speed is OK for 1000 bugs.
>> Excellent :-)
>
> I meant 10000 :).

Yep, if we do start to run into some limitations, we can definitely
look into optimizations for Postgres, consider allocating more memory,
etc..

> Robinson Tryon wrote
>>> - TimeTracking is enabled, so probably params differs from freedesktop
>>> instance
>> Yes; we can decide whether or not that's a useful component.
>
> Not so useful... This is old and unmaintained feature.

Sure. I took a quick glance, but didn't immediately see a config
option to disable its display. If someone knows where to toggle that
on/off, please let me know, otherwise I'll dig deeper for it soon :-)

> Robinson Tryon wrote
>>> - freedesktop UI changes are not applied
>> [...] Design may have some ideas about how we
>> can create a unique, beautiful, and functional theme for our Bugzilla.
>
> This is not what I was writing about. UI changes like "Be aware that all
> comments posted, including attachments are public." are not added.

I think that's definitely a similar improvement, and one that we can
add rather quickly after we complete our initial migration. As I've
mentioned previously, we really hope to make the migration involve as
small a delta as possible from what's running on the FDO servers
today. So unless there are some very important reasons for making a
change (e.g. adding the standard TDF legal/license footer to
Bugzilla), my suggestion is to put those changes off to the side for
now.

The good news here is that I've been experimenting with storing
Bugzilla and some of our modified templates in git. This will
eventually allow anyone to submit a pull request for improvements to
the bug tracker, from simple typo fixes to adding improved fields and
better filtering/organizing tools.

> BTW: Bugzilla 5 will probably have new sandstone skin as default, which
> probably will be easy to LibreOffice'fy...

Yes, I do hope to get the Design Team involved in
"LibreOffice-i-fying" the drab colors into something much more
pleasant for our QA Team members to view :-)

Best,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon