[Libreoffice-qa] TDF Bugzilla 4.4.6 test install

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 06:40:20 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 2:06 PM, bfoman <bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Old Charts - It works but it doesn't contain all data. Either you will copy
> the data from FDO or regenerate those just for LibreOffice product on test
> install.

I'm not sure if the software is set up to regenerate historical data.
Do you know?

I'll add this to the list of items to request from the FDO admins
(https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/936).

> (How long does it take? Good to know before migration).

If my guess is right, then regeneration w/o the old data is not
feasible, and with it is a no-op, so it should take no time at all!
:-)

> BTW: what crazy error do you mean? Remember that checksetup.pl script is
> your friend and should be run after changing the database or templates.

I can't remember off the top of my head -- IIRC it just referenced
some line in the code and said nothing specific about missing data for
input. Basically, it sounds like the code is brittle and doesn't have
appropriate handling built-in for the base case when the server has
generated no data. Oops!

> Robinson Tryon wrote
>>
>>> - Whining schedules - schedules are imported, but Whining still doesn't
>>> work
>>
>> Okay, I was a bit cautious about enabling whining again because I
>> didn't want people to get pinged accidentally by our test install, but
>> I deleted the whining schedules so people can now re-add them as they
>> like.
>>
>> Just enabled cron job. Please try testing this again :-)
>
> I can't get my test whine at test install to work. How whine.pl is croned?
> Every 15 minutes?

Yep, please try again (I just removed and reinstalled the cron job).

> I doubt anyone is using it (as it doesn't work on FDO),
> but I hope whine schedules won't be deleted after migration.

IIRC there were a half-dozen whine_schedule entries in the data from
FDO. Instead of trying to determine which schedules to keep and which
to remove, it's definitely simplest for us to just delete all the
schedules during migration and have individuals re-add the ones they
want.

I'll add a task for myself to look through the whine tables and try to
determine all of the users who have whine schedules set up that
pertain to LibreOffice. That way I can tell them that
1) They had a whine schedule set up on FDO (whether it was working or not
2) That we're deleting it during migration, as that's the simplest
mechanism for us
3) That they can re-add it themselves after migration
https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/939

> Robinson Tryon wrote
>>
>>> - personal Tags - available, but all saved searches using tags at the
>>> bottom
>>> are gone in my case
>>
>> My (one) saved search is working for me. Not sure what you mean by
>> "using tags at the bottom".
>
> You split the words wrong :) - my "saved searches using tags" at bottom of
> the page are gone. I can't recollect if those have been listed on previous
> test install. I think yes, not sure though.

Are they listed in the saved-searches tab?  The visibility can be
toggled on/off -- see if that's the issue for you:
https://bugzilla-test.documentfoundation.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=saved-searches

>>> Also TDF Bugzilla footnote is IMHO not clearly visible - the font is tiny
>>> and blends with background on Dusk theme.
>>
>> It seems pretty visible to me in my browser. Specific page? (or
>> screenshot would work :-)
>>
>> I don't want the text to steal the spotlight on each page. Any
>> suggestions on how we could better present it to the users?
>
> Just change your skin to Dusk - at 1366x768 it is tiny and the font color
> blends into background.

Sure -- but I think that all of the white-on-dark text is harder to
read than the corresponding dark-on-white text of the 'Classic' theme,
at least on my monitor :-)

> IMHO those messages should be put where they belong:
>
> All your contributions to TDF Bugzilla will be publicly available online.
> You agree to release your contributions under the Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC-BY-SA 4.0).
>
> - below Additional Comments: (just like on FDO now)
>
> If you wish to attach a file to a bug report, please make sure to remove all
> personal/private information before bug submission. If you do not possess or
> cannot create suitable test documents that may be released under our
> licensing terms, please make a note in your bug report to this effect; the
> QA Team will discuss alternatives with you.
>
> - at the Create New Attachment page
>- maybe just over Submit button or below File size limit message

That all sounds pretty reasonable to me. Want to submit a patch? :-)

> Hope it helps.
> Best regards.
> BTW: where is TDF Bugzilla source code available?

I guess you'd need that to submit a patch, eh? Code's up on our Gerrit
here: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/projects/bugzilla
(As it turns out, Gerrit's undergoing upgrades today, but will be back
up soon :-)

Thanks for all the feedback!
--R

--