[Libreoffice-qa] request for more boilerplate responses to bug report

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 06:47:50 PDT 2014

Hi All,
> Am 10.09.2014 um 02:55 schrieb Terrence Enger:
>
>> I have noticed that Urmas has been abruptly closing bug reports that are
>> in languages other than English.
> What an arrogant behavior :-(
I do wish he'd do it more tactfully - I close them also but I leave a
comment and direct them to their native mailing list for translation.

> How about first putting them into NEEDINFO state and asking for translation
> here or in the l10n list?
I'm not a 100% fan of this because then the "description" is not in
English and we have to dig down to find where it is translated at.

> There were several localization bugs written in German I remember - they
> were perfectly handled by the NL-Team in their native language without any
> need to translate them back and forth. This might be true for other bug
> reports too as there are still many people in the world not speaking english.
>
> A NEEDSTRANSLATION keyword could also help if we could somehow report those
> bugs to an appropriate list (l10n would be my choice if people there agree
> but qa might even be better as most qa-interested NL-folks at least lurk here).
At this point I don't see enough of these to add yet another
whiteboard/keyword. A total of 6 seems too low for yet more things to
track. The French ones are surprising as we have the French BSA, we are
talking about other native BSA's also but in all honesty, hard to
justify the time when the #'s are this low.

Just my thoughts.

Best,
Joel