[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla: Adding new Status for 'abandoned' bugs?

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 12:52:07 PST 2015

> I think we should keep labeling those as INVALID
>
> IMHO the time spent to implement this new
> ABANDONED/EXPIRED/WHATEVERstate will be almost useless...
>
> in both cases the fault of the bug closure is the reporting user
> so I really do not care at all being diplomatic with people who don't
> provide necessary informations.

To put this in context - this began after several users over the course
of a few weeks got quite irate at the WFM/Invalid status. I tend to
agree that INVALID is accurate but if ABANDONED and/or EXPIRED will make
them feel better, that's fine. This will mostly be used by the automatic
pings and most QA people probably won't have to do much to maintain this
new status.

Best,
Joel