[Libreoffice-qa] Reminder: QA Meeting on Wednesday

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 04:23:36 PST 2015

Hi,
Le 25/11/2015 12:52, Pedro a écrit :
> Hi Joel
>

> jmadero wrote
>> That's unfortunate, we should talk about moving the time and/or finding
>> some other way to get dedicated people like yourself on live chat during
>> meeting.
>
> If the meeting could be one hour and a half later (14:30 UTC) I could make
> it, but that is probably too late for people somewhere else in the world?

The issue was with me having the board meeting at the same time. The
only day with no meeting currently for me is Tuesday, so maybe we could
move it later that day?

> jmadero wrote
>>> Isn't 16% of Regressions something that TDF should be worried about?
>> I'm not sure what "worried about" really means. If a major issue was
>> resolved and the side effect is a minor regression, not so much. If
>> instead there are a ton of minor fixes that have created crashers, more
>> of an issue. I'd need a lot more information to adequately judge the
>> problem.
>
> I think that even  minor regressions are enough to demotivate users. From a
> Quality perspective regressions should be a major concern.

I agree, but some implementation need major refactoring where
regressions can't be avoid. It's a balance between the two and also a
sprint on finding them before a release.

> jmadero wrote
>> From QA perspective it's not our job to judge or dictate how developers
>> work. They are volunteers, and they should be respected like volunteers.
>
> QA people are also volunteers. Yet you are not afraid to suggest what should
> be done (reducing Unconfirmed bug count, bibisecting) and when (Bug hunting
> sessions).
> I think you are not disrespecting QA volunteers when you do that...
> Is it too much to ask that Developers are organized in a similar way?

That should be the same, and I personally think it's the same, ESC
meeting are one of the way, regression tests, Jan mentoring are others
and so on. No regression is introduced by purpose, it's a closed work
between QA and development and a rush before a release.

> jmadero wrote
>> Before demanding a lot of other's time, I personally would prefer we do
>> our job as good as possible.
>
> Agreed. But since there are less than 500 Unconfirmed bugs (which might not
> even be bugs or could be duplicates) and there are nearly 4500 open bugs
> (out of which 700 are Regressions) probably it would have a higher impact on
> Quality to tackle the largest slice of the pie?

Recruiting more testers at alpha and beta stages are imho the most
important part to reduce those regressions. Unfortunately MozTrap
doesn't get enough love from testers and we have few participants during
BH sessions. If we address both, that should solve part of the problem.
Cheers
Sophie

Sophie Gautier sophie.gautier at documentfoundation.org
GSM: +33683901545