[Libreoffice-qa] Proposal for BH sessions organization

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 17:27:13 UTC 2016

Hi Cor,
Le 23/02/2016 00:07, Cor Nouws a écrit :
> Hi Sophie,
>
> Thanks for knotting the ideas together :)
>
> Sophie wrote on 16-02-16 17:17:
>
>> - come with 10 features to test thoroughly during the BH, the list is
>> taken from the release notes and selected by QA members, submitted to
>> ESC, they could give a quick feedback/input, (derived from Cor and
>> Miguel Angel ideas)
>
> My idea was about organizing energy around an area in the product/code
> to do things around a tender to get lots of bugs clarified and resolved.
> Not about features from the release notes.

But bug hunting sessions are dedicated to new features and testing them
thoroughly before the releases, so what you propose is something
different, but could be implemented under another name like "code
squeezing sessions" that are organized in between to major version (like
we are now, next bug hunting session should be somewhere around week 18
so this is about still 10 weeks without BHS)

> I expect a new approach with specific, changing goals (maybe each
> session), to attract more people, to be more appealing, awakening a
> feeling of urgency.

I understand and I'm all for it, but for me it's something different
than the sessions we organized that solely focus on the next major version.

Cheers
Sophie

Sophie Gautier sophie.gautier at documentfoundation.org
GSM: +33683901545