[Libreoffice-qa] What to do with many files

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 09:12:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 12:39 PM, Ekari <ekaristore at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have almost 1000 proprietary MS files that I'm whiling
> to share for bug reports, I already reported some but
> I can't possibly do it alone for all files in a timely manner,
> would it be OK to drop the files compressed as xz
> somewhere to then be processed individually by the community?

Do you think that the community can fix 1000 bugs in a timely manner? Think
twice. Reporting a bug takes 5-10 minutes, fixing a bug can take a week or
more. It would be better to categorize those documents, and reduce the
number of files, because I doubt that they exhibit 1000 independent,
unrelated bugs. It is enough to submit one document for a specific bug.

Best regards,
Andras Timar