[Libreoffice-qa] More information in About dialog

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Fri Mar 11 16:14:18 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-03-07 at 10:47 -0700, Pedro wrote:
> The most frequent questions from people providing help in the User mailing
> list and in the Bug tracker is: "What is your OS architecture?", "Are you
> using the 32 bit version of LibreOffice ?"

	Originally I was rather nervous about extending the info. available in
the about dialog - since we were going to push some sub-set of it up to
the server to help get better data on our users' systems.

	However =) I've abandoned that idea; at least until we can get resource
to make that opt-in. So - as such, its just a matter of extending the
code in:

	Application::GetHWOSConfInfo()

	In this case we could do some fun at compile time in
vcl/source/app/svapp.cxx - it should be a ~trivial easy-hack. Would be
great if someone could file it :-) detecting 64bit-ness can be done
with:

#if SAL_TYPES_SIZEOFPOINTER == 4
	append ("32")
#else SAL_TYPES_SIZEOFPOINTER == 8
	append ("64")
    typedef sal_uInt64          sal_Size;
    typedef sal_Int64           sal_sSize;
#else
    #error "Please make sure SAL_TYPES_SIZEOFPOINTER is defined for your
architecture/compiler"
#endif

	Or somesuch =) anyone up for the easy hack ?

	Thanks !

		Michael.

--
 michael.meeks at collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot