[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Manage Names Dialog hit master

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 04:23:22 PST 2011

Hi Christoph,

On Monday, 2011-12-05 22:20:41 +0100, Christoph Noack wrote:

> > Then we still need an information string for the case that the formula
> > is not valid. At the moment I don't display anything in this case.
>
> So here a small question - are there different cases for a formula being
> invalid? Like having the wrong characters, or referring to reserved
> names, ... and what not.

There may, whatever the compiler bailed out with, Err:502 and such. For
cell formula errors there's the short error message displayed in the
status bar when the cell cursor is on such a cell. I'd simply reuse
that, can be obtained from

    String ScGlobal::GetLongErrorString(sal_uInt16 nErrNumber)

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD