[Libreoffice-ux-advise] to duplicate an existing style

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Mon Sep 5 13:43:25 PDT 2011

Hi Friedrich,

sorry for that in advance - this mailing list behaves a bit different.
It is configured that you don't need to subscribe, so it is better to CC
all participants of a discussion. (Was done to lower the hurdles to get
in touch here occasionally.)

Am Montag, den 05.09.2011, 22:25 +0200 schrieb Friedrich Strohmaier:
> Hi Olivier, Cor, *,
>
> had a quick view..
> reordered thread contents for future participants..
>
> Am 05.09.2011 20:47 schrieb Olivier Hallot:
> > 2011/9/5 Cor Nouws <oolst at nouenoff.nl>
> >> Olivier Hallot wrote (05-09-11 20:05)

> >> I always thought that New does that trick with the selected style ..?
>
> > Looks like you are right... My bad.
>
> really?
>
> LibreOffice 3.4.3
> OOO340m1 (Build:302)
>
> I tried to "clone" the "envelope" page style in writer, but got a copy
> of apparently "standard" selecting and right click new..

Well, so true - there are styles that don't allow hierarchical
organization. Thus, all the settings are (presumably) hard-coded.

Now I'm curious what Olivier will tell us about the user case - I'll
think a bit about this issue.

> > But, Then... is "New..." the right wording? "New from this" (?)
>
> next question this one ;o))
>

> Gruß/regards

Cheers,
Christoph